Universal version for distributor with single coil. Triggers from
points, magnetic, Hall, or digital from ECU. Features high energy dwell
control ignition, can also trigger MSD, etc. Optional dual coil driver
for Porsche with twin plug distributor.
Individual Cylinder Knock Control for Distributor Ignition
• Two Rev Limits (Staging and Top End)
• Cranking Retard: Knob allows up to 20° retard. Re-advances one dgree per spark event.
• Nitrous Retard: Knob allows up to 20° retard when activated by 12v.
• Boost Retard/Vacuum Advance with Start and Rate control
• Individual Cylinder Knock Retard
• High Energy Inductive ignition with variable dwell
• Knock sensor sensitivity adjust
• Triggers from points, OEM electronic, magnetic pickup, Hall effect.
• Can trigger MSD or other CDI box
• How it works:
system makes a spark, then decides if there was knock. If knock is
detected, software "knows" it had to come from the cylinder that just
fired, and that cylinder won't fire again for two revolutons.
that cylinder comes up to fire the next time, software dials in the
calculated amount of knock retard. It does this as each cylinder goes
by, building up a different timing curve for each cylinder if knock is
unit retards in steps, a total of ten steps are possible. Each step is
one or two degrees, depending on a user mode switch. When knock is
detected, software retards in proportion to knock intensity.
unit responds to inaudible knock, and retards quickly enough to prevent
knock from becoming audible. The re-advance rate is one step every
twenty revolutions. Note that the unit will not advance beyond stock
timing. Of course, you may choose to bump the timing a bit after
installing the unit.